This is a principal-level position, so it’s expected that you can take a project from start to completion without hand holding or huge amounts of oversight. You can work on your own or as part of a team. You can communicate effectively with business and technical team members. You’ve learned the lessons of YAGNI and DRY but appreciate the hundreds of subtle design decisions needed to craft software that won’t immediately turn into a ball of mud.
This is a fully remote position and thus requires excellent communication skills.
We offer a competitive salary, flex time, benefits, great co-workers, and interesting projects to work on.
In this role you will work on strategic customer facing products that experience high volumes of traffic and require high levels of performance and reliability. Responsibilities include architecture reviews, technical solution designs, application implementation, deployment pipeline automation, and implementation of engineering best practices. You will be building solutions on .NET stack in a mix of both on premise and Azure environments. You will have opportunities to accelerate platform evolution through use of modern technologies and practices.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to:
• Participate in the development of high-performance web applications
• Work on highly visible and public facing products
• Contribute to the design and implementation of .NET based applications
• Work with distributed systems
• Mentor other team members
• 12+ years of experience delivering software solutions.
• Significant experience in building platforms requiring, high-scale, high-availability, performance and resilience.
• 7+ years of experience in .NET related tooling and technologies.
• 3+ years of experience building modern cloud native solutions on Microsoft Azure.
• 3+ years building distributed systems (Preferably SOA).
• Experience With CI/CD pipelines (Preferably in Azure DevOps).
• Experience building reliable and scalable Web API’s.
• Experience with frontend development (Preferably Vue.js).
• Trustworthy self-starter.
• Patience, maturity, and self-awareness navigating both technology and people.
• The ability to jump into a project and contribute immediately to both architecture and implementation.
• A bias towards action, with the ability to balance between getting things done and making things perfect.
• Available to work during core business hours.
• Able to switch contexts when needed.
Nice to have
• Experience working with NServiceBus
• Bicep templates
• Windows Desktop Application Development
• Elastic Search